The featured artwork is a handpainted
poster, donated by our sponsor asap.
Recipients through the years
Pink Tribute continues proudly with our Pink Tribute Fund . The Pink Tribute Fund is a special fund for incurably ill women with breast cancer in Denmark. Patients cannot themselves make an application, but the nurses in charge will collaborate at Herlev Hospital, Rigshospitalet , Odense University Hospital and Aarhus University Hospital . They will elect patients they believe to be especially in need and deserving.
The decision to designate a patient with funds will not only be dependant on their illness, but also their social and economical situation, so that The Pink Tribute Fund can help where it is believed it may make a “big difference” in the patient’s life.
Thank you as always to the nursing sector, who are always so busy, but are willing to do this extra work for the good of others. The heart warming thank you letters and testimonials we receive make it all worthwhile.
Other Recipients through the years:
- “Børn, Unge og Sorg”- support group for children and youths suffering a loss
- “Krop & Kræft”
- Danish Cancer Society’s Department of Prevention and Early Detection
- “Look Good Feel Better” – A charity offering hair and beauty advice and workshops for women undergoing cancer treatment, supported by the Danish Cosmetics Industry
- Patientforeningen DBO- Dansk Brystkræft Organisation
- “Props and Pearls”- Health Lounge for women in Denmark focuses on specific health concerns, especially breast cancer
- “Sorggruppen Aalborg”- support group for children and families suffering a loss
- Sundhedscenter for Kræftramte-Health Care Center for Cancer Patients
- “A Race against Breast Cancer”- A fund to support with the sole purpose of raising money for DCTB’s research
- Landsforening mod Brystkræft
- Dr.med. Anders Klit, at Rigshospitalet and Dr. med. Henrik Flyger, Head of the Department of Breast Cancer at Herlev
- Hospital-Funding process to document cosmetic outcome
- Special fund for collaberative merging of valuable database information
- Special fund for terminally ill patients with breast cancer-The Pink Tribute Fund
- Fund for Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
- Breast construction surgery videos with Trine Foged Henriksen
- Danish Dragon Abreast
- Professor Henrik J. Ditzel Odense University Hospital focusing on early detection and individualized treatment of breast cancer.
- Associate Professor Morten Gjerstorff, Lector IMM – Cancer & Inflammatory Trials for Immunotherapy in the treatment of breast cancer
- Danish Dragon Abreast/Copenhagen Dragon Boat Team-Purchase of 42 new fibre paddles